Building a better tomorrow
At Davy, we believe that financial returns and the planet’s well-being can go hand in hand
Our commitment to sustainability
Davy can play a substantial role in our transition to a green economy, sitting as we do at the heart of wealth and capital in Ireland. We are planning and investing to deliver on that potential, building on a strategy developed for our business by our in-house sustainability advisory team, Davy Horizons, in 2022.
The strategy is based on a baseline sustainability review of our activities, products, services and operations across all of our locations.
It provided the basis for a detailed five-year action plan, performance against which is managed by a dedicated committee of senior leaders from across the business. This committee accounts ultimately to the Davy Executive Committee.
Good health and wellbeing
Decent work and economic growth
Industry innovation and infrastructure
Responsible production and consumption
Partnerships for the goals
Our sustainability actions (2023)
The following are priority actions for Davy in 2023:
- Support capacity building on sustainability in business and financial services;
- Raise sustainability awareness via thought leadership publications and events;
- Enable our clients to make a positive difference by providing appropriate services;
- Switch to 100% renewable energy sources in our own operations;
- Incorporate sustainability criteria into our procurement practices;
- Significantly reduce single-use product and car parking in our own operations;
- Support diversity and inclusion in our own business;
- Support charitable investments and volunteering.
A full statement of our commitments can be found here.
Helping you to transition to a more sustainable future
A core part of our strategy is enabling our clients to achieve their own sustainabilty ambition. To learn more about our client supports that may be relevant to you, please follow the links below.
Driving the agenda
At Davy, we are committed to being a proactive participant in the changing sustainability landscape.
- We are signatories to the UN Principles for Responsible Investing (UNPRI) and the UN Global Compact.
- We are a member of the Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) Supporter Group.
- We are also an active member of the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) Climate Forum.
By delivering on our sustainability goals, we aim to help to protect the environment and also to create value for our key stakeholders, our clients, our employees, our shareholders and society as a whole.
To support us in the attainment of our strategy and plan we are a signatory and a supporter of the following:
Davy is a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investing.
Davy is committed to the UN Global Compact and its ten framework principles.
Davy is a member of the Sustainable Trading initiative.