ID Verification FAQ
Please see below a list of our frequently asked questions in relation to our digital ID verification process.
A device with camera, either a computer or laptop, a smartphone or a tablet.
You must be able to access your email account on the device you will be using as this is where you will start the process.
Proof of Identity:
- Your valid passport or driving licence card
- We cannot accept the paper version of driving licences for the digital process
- We can accept passport cards
Proof of Address:
Your online bank statement (eStatement). Key requirements below:
- Must be PDF format
- The name, address & bank details must match the one on your Davy application
- Dated within 6 months of your Davy application
- One page of the bank statement is suitable
- We must be able to see: name, date, address, all account details (sort code, account number, iBAN, BIC)
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ID verification to the email address you gave us with a link to start the digital identification capture process.
Before you start, make sure you have:
- A device with a camera that has access to your email inbox
- Your passport or driving licence card to hand
- Your online bank statement (eStatement) downloaded and saved to the device you will be using
When you’re ready to start, click the link within the email that was sent to you.
Your internet browser will open to begin the ID capture process. Follow the instructions on screen.
- You will be asked if you are using your passport or driving licence as your proof of identity.
- Select the one you are using, and press continue
- Select the one you are using, and press continue
- Hold your chosen document up to the camera within the frame, displaying all four corners.
- Be careful not to cover any part of the document and make sure it can be read
- At this point you can press the button on screen to capture the picture of the document
- You will then be asked to complete the Face Verification.
- Make sure the camera is at eye level and fit your face to the frame displayed on screen
- Press the Start button to begin
- The instructions on screen will guide you to move closer or further away
- The final step is to upload your Proof of Address which is your online bank statement (eStatement).
- Press Upload Statement on screen
- You will be able to browse the files on your device and select the bank statement you are uploading
- When you have uploaded your bank statement, the process is complete
You will receive an email within 10 minutes confirming your Proof of Identity has been verified. Your Proof of Address (your bank statement) should be verified within 48 hours and a member of our team will contact you to let you know this is complete.
Most banks will give you the option to download your statement from the ‘Statements’ or 'Services' section of your account when you log in to their online banking system.
Some give you the option to download in PDF or CSV (Excel) format. Make sure you download the PDF version.
For more help on how to download your online statement please see the guides from major banks in Ireland below.
As part of the process, you will have the option to start the process on your computer or laptop, switch to your smartphone to take your photos (your ID document and the picture of yourself) and move back to your computer or laptop to upload your bank statement.
The below screen will appear.
When you select ‘Prefer to use your mobile?’ this screen will display 'Send a link to your mobile.'
You can enter your email address within the text field which will send you a link that you can open in your emails on your smartphone and continue the process or use the QR code link.
The QR code link is the black and white box on screen that looks similar to a barcode.
To use the QR code link, open your camera on your smartphone and hover over the QR code on your computer screen. You do not need to take a picture or press any buttons; your smartphone will automatically detect and scan the code.
When the QR code has scanned, a notification will appear at the top of your smartphone. Click the notification that displays and you will be able to continue the ID capture process on your smartphone.
Do not close the screen on your computer or laptop as once you have completed taking the pictures of your ID and of yourself on your smartphone, the process on screen will instruct you to move back to your computer to upload your bank statement which is the final step in this process.
Please check your Junk folder in your email inbox.
If you still haven’t received the email, contact your Davy Adviser or call +353 614 3346
Speak to your Davy Adviser or a member of our team on +353 614 3346 about alternative options.
Your photo ID (passport or driving licence) will automatically be verified by Jumio and if accepted, will be sent on to Davy. You should receive an email within 10 minutes letting you know it’s been accepted or if you need to try the process again.
Jumio will capture your bank statement and send it straight to Davy and our team will verify it.
Once both documents are verified, your Davy Adviser or a member of our team will be in touch to let you know the process is complete.
We will then work to finalising your account opening.
The company behind this ID verification is called Jumio. Jumio specialises in card recognition and has developed a secure mechanism to verify IDs online. Jumio is fulfilling all security and data protection requirements.
None of the information you submit will be shared. Your details will be automatically checked by Jumio and – if verified – transferred to Davy, Jumio will not retain your information once the process is complete.
Please see our Privacy Notice here.
If your Proof of ID is declined, you automatically receive another email to try the process again. Make sure your document meets the requirements and is readable / not blurry / all details are visible.
If an error message displays when you click on the link it is because either the link is expired (links are valid for 7 days) or documents have already been submitted.
Please contact your Adviser who will be able to issue you with a new link or give you the status of your application.
If you have submitted a joint application you will both recieve the ID verification email to your individual email addresses that we have on file. Each applicant will complete the process via the link within the email addressed to you.
If both applicants use the same email address, two emails will be recieved to your shared inbox. The emails will be personalised to you so you know which applicant completes each link.