It is Davy policy to provide the highest possible level of service to our clients, subject to sensible and reasonable commercial constraints. It is inevitable though that from time to time some clients may be dissatisfied with aspect(s) of the service Davy provides and we acknowledge the right of clients to have any expression of dissatisfaction dealt with courteously, professionally and in a timely manner.
Our objectives are:
- To address reported client dissatisfaction, quickly, effectively and fairly
- To ensure a fair and equitable resolution to the complaint
- To keep the client updated on the progress of their complaint
- To maintain client confidence and respect
- Where appropriate, to update our procedures and introduce corrective actions to avoid re-occurrence of any problems identified
- To comply with our regulatory obligations in dealing with expressions of dissatisfaction from clients
- To endeavour to achieve a situation where our client is satisfied that we have addressed the complaint. However if a client is not satisfied with our proposed resolution, to ensure that the client is notified of the right to refer the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman or if the complaint relates to online sales or services of the right to use the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution platform.
Our commitment to you
Davy’s commitment to clients in relation to complaints handling is set out in our Terms and Conditions. Our commitment is:
"Should you be dissatisfied at any time with the service that you receive from Davy, do not hesitate to make this known to us. We have an internal complaints procedure and will deal with your complaint promptly. Please address your correspondence to the Davy Share Dealing Desk/your Portfolio Manager. Davy, 49 Dawson Street, Dublin 2 or alternatively by email to Davyselect@davy.ie who in turn may refer the matter to the Business & Legal Department, which is independent of the Davy Share Dealing Desk/Private Client Advisers."
In the event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Davy service, please let us know. Ideally we prefer to receive complaints in writing as it ensures that we have a clear record of the cause of dissatisfaction. This enables us to ensure that we address your concerns. The manner in which a complaint will be dealt with depends on the product type which has formed the basis of the particular complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our review of your complaint, you may be entitled to refer the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman, or if your complaint relates to online sales or services you may be able to use the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform, which is accessible here.